Netflix has been slaying the game lately with original content! There are the obvious choices like The Crown, Stranger Things & Unbreakable! Kimmy Schmidt. There there are the thrilling true-crime documentaries such as Making a Murderer, Evil Genius, & The Staircase. But, even their original movies have been successful, especially the spring and summer releases such as The Kissing Booth, Ibiza, & Set It Up (which we’ll be discussing today).
If you didn’t catch our “Movie of the Week” post from The Kissing Booth, no worries! You can click right there —> Movie of the Week: Netflix’s The Kissing Booth … I’m only bringing it up because a) it’s both a great movie & a great read and b) this post will be written in a similar fashion Enjoy!!
40 Thoughts I had during the movie Set It Up:
- I could NOT be more excited for Glen Powell! I LOVED him in Scream Queens and Hidden Figures.
- I could NOT be more excited for Zoey Deutch! I LOVED her in Why Him?
- I could NOT be more excited for Taye Diggs. I LOVE him in everything, mainly Empire of recent.
- Meh, minimal excitement for Lucy Liu.
Warning … Spoilers ahead!
- I always love a good montage opening!
- Am I going to like this? I kind of feel it’s just the second coming of The Devil Wears Prada.
- Ohhhh Glen Powell has a girlfriend? Isn’t he going to date Zoey Deutch by the end of the movie?
- “But we’re not old enough to get married …” hahaha I kind of felt the same way when I got engaged.
- Oh snap did I know Pete Davidson was in this? And he’s gay in the movie? He’s super trendy right now #pariana
- Was Pete Davidson’s hookup Cody from Big Brother??? Someone @ me … I’m too lazy to rewind.
- TITUS ANDROMEDON!!!!!!!!!!!
- Omg the elevator scene hahaha!
- The Kiss Cam wouldn’t go that long … but I’ll buy it for the movie.
- Glen’s girlfriend … Suess? Whatever her name is, I don’t like this story line … get with Zoey already!
- Lucy Liu just screamed, “THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH IT!” and my dogs started barking bahaha
- I never had a salamander …
- Drunk Taye Diggs is great!
- Pete Davidson and Zoey Deutch as friends are great!
- Okay. Engagement party. The start of the Glenn & Zoey falling in love!
- I don’t know if he’s supposed to be joking with his dancing … but Glen Powell out on the dance floor is doing all of my exact moves!
- The bosses are getting engaged! Zoey gets to write! Glen gets a promotion! All is well!
- Oh noooo … Lucy Liu is actually a good person and Taye Diggs sucks; he’s going to break her heart!
- Every single rom com moment where everything gets ruined … and now it’s happened! Let’s see how it magically gets fixed in the end.
- “You’re not hard to get; you’re hard to earn.” awww all is right in the rom com world again!
Overall, I’d give it a 3/5 … maybe even a 3.5. I would have liked to see Lucy Liu end up with someone in the end, but I can appreciate the whole “She’s a strong woman who doesn’t need a man” idea, but it’s like, she’s already established and successful in her career, why can’t she have a good dude by her side too? Anyway, worth a watch with a girlfriend, some pizza, and a bottle of Rosé!